Friday, July 9, 2010

July 9: The final tea and the final day in Bath


Our last day in Bath was a busy one and as much as I would like to tell you all about it I should really get to bed as the bus is picking us up at 7am. So this will be brief. After a late night last night I got up a little after 10am and did some shopping. Laura and I then met up to go to the huntsman for lunch complete with fish n chips and our English beer made in Bath (It wasn’t our favorite). Back up the hill to get ready for the tea and then to the hotel down the hill.

The final tea had homemade tea, cucumber sandwiches, something I can’t remember with clotted cream and jam that involved a dispute over the order based on north or south, and lemon cake. We also picked up some goodies including a picture and t-shirt and then headed out to queen park to take a housemate picture. There was little hang out at the Huntman and it was all sad to realize it was all over. The end of the evening was pretty uneventful with packing and cleaning. I am checking two suitcases that both weigh under 50lbs so cross your fingers that all works and the whole baggage issue and customs goes well. Security too we can’t forget that. Tomorrow has me at the Quinn resort so no post, but soon I will leave a wrap up post. In less than 24 hours I will be on US soil.

photos

We've had some great times here and met so many great people. We had such a wonderful house. Thanks for being great guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment