Monday, July 12, 2010

The End: back in the US and missing Bath


I can’t believe my trip to England is now over. Today is my first real day at home and unpacking, cleaning, and laundry are in store for me.

I did not get to bed very early Friday night so the morning came too early. We ventured down the hill at 6:45am and the bus was incredibly full. Since this was an issue when they picked us up at the airport at the very beginning you would think they would have planned better this time. I sat next to Professor Ryan and he was very chatty for early in the morning and was all interested in my schedule for next semester when I didn’t want to think about it because I just finished classes let me have some time without any classes.

England security is even more intense than US security. A guy came and asked us a bunch of questions in line and then we went up to check my bags. They were both under 50lbs YAY! The plane ride was pretty uneventful, but longer than the way out. We landed in Newark with announcements on the plane several times telling us that everyone must pick up their bags even if they are connecting. It was a long wait for our bags to come so we all said goodbye while we were waiting. No pictures because its not allowed in the baggage claim area and we all split off there when our bags came because people had connecting flights to catch. Greg was waiting for me and we ventured on to the farm party and I made it home on Sunday at around 3pm.

The trip was absolutely amazing and I’m so glad I went. I can’t believe it’s over already. Five weeks really fly by. It was just an incredible trip and as I unpack now I am already thinking to my scrapbook when I will organize all my adventures. Hopefully I’ll see you all soon if I haven’t seen you already!

--------

10 things to remember from the trip

1. I found almost 40 lions in Bath

2. I walked up and down that wonderful hill (or slope as they say) over 35 times

3. I realized I am a B+ / A- student who can not break the threshold of a true A

4. Going to London three times is still not enough time to see it all

5. You accumulate a lot of things in 5 weeks

6. Getting around England is so much easier than the US with trains and the tube

7. The Brits dress nicer than Americans and you almost never see them wearing sneakers

8. The Brits are really nice, saying "of course you can my love," remembering your usual, and saying they are going to miss you at the gelato place

9. It doesn't actually rain all the time in England, and most of time it is nice and hot (though they are going into a drought so I'm not sure that weather is typical)

10. I met some really great people and I will miss seeing them all the time

--------

our first housemate picture (minus Chelsea who hadn't arrived yet)

and our last

No comments:

Post a Comment