Thursday, June 10, 2010

June 10: manapu...minapi....manipula...oh you know what I mean


I can’t believe today was my last day of class from the first week. Time is really flying by. Right now I am trying to figure out what to pack for my trip to Cornwall this weekend, which is proving difficult since I’m just a bad packer to begin with, but I have decided I should try to write my blog before I just go crazy trying to decide what to bring.

Today was our first real Jane Austen class and we talked about some extra articles we were given to read concerning Jane Austen and Northanger Abbey. When I tried to participate I had the hardest time trying to say manipulative which was pretty embarrassing, but aw well, I participated that’s the important part right? Between classes I found the post office! And I bought them out of house and home with my stamp purchase, but post cards went out in the mail today. On the way back a British guy (who was cute) said good afternoon to me :) In film we watched Chariots of Fire which was good, but very different than the other movie we watched. It was hard to take notes and try to figure out what he would ask us to talk about on Monday. Still no word from my presentation partner, but I have emailed him and hopefully will try to corner him this weekend to ask him about it. I wanted to ask him after class, but as I stood up the table collapsed so MJ and I spent a few minutes trying to put it together.

The evening was pretty uneventful, but I took pictures on the way home. Not very many at all, but I’m sure the many this weekend will more than make up for the lack today. I’m a little nervous about this weekend, but it should be fun and I can hopefully do this long hike. Tomorrow we have to be ready to be picked up at the bottom of the hill at 7am. It is quite a long bus ride but we stop at Tintagel, the legendary birthplace of King Arthur. We end at the Roskilly Farm for a bbq and it's famous for its icecream. On Saturday we are hiking along the Lizard, which is a walk around the most Southern part of England. It is around a 2 hour hike.In the afternoon we are visiting St. Ives with swimming in the Atlantic (and you bet I will be swimming despite the cold), the Tate Gallery and the Barbara Hepworth Museum and Sculpture Garden along with exploring the little town. That evening we return to Coverack and have pasty at a pub where we will be watching the England vs USA world cup match! On Sunday we depart at 9am for Knightshayes court, which was a house commissioned by Sir John Heathcoat-Amory. It is the only example built of a medium-sized Burges country house to the standard Victorian arrangement. We will be arriving back in Bath around 5pm.

I have a busy weekend ahead of me and I still need to finish packing and get a shower. Hope you all have a lovely weekend and I will talk to you on Sunday night!

photos (only a couple today starting on the last page #124)

No comments:

Post a Comment