Monday, June 28, 2010

June 28: They didn't say the miles uphill it would take to get to Prior Park

Today was an earlier Jane Austen class so we could venture to Prior Park. Now what they didn’t say was that it was miles to Prior Park and all up hill. This was quite an unexpected uphill battle. Upon arriving at the park we discovered it was closed and didn’t open for a little while, sigh why did we rush up that hill then? Dr. Fallon took us around a bit and we took some scenic shots :] The focus was basically the picturesque of Jane Austen’s times and landscapes looking like paintings. We then made the walk back to Nelson House where I had to prepare for my presentation.

I was significantly flustered when it was time for my presentation to begin, but I made it through. I forgot some things on my notes and felt like I missed some points, but I had some active participation, mostly by Amelia (thanks) and Professor Ryan went on a totally different tangent with one of my points. Furthermore in his powerpoint he had scheduled to talk about something that I talked about so he skipped it :D Amelia said I did really well.

I met with my Jane Austen presentation partner after class and we worked on our discussion on Highbury (the city in Emma). The common room is amazing in Linley house and they have a real dinning room. Afterwards, Laura and I went for some well deserved gelato. I called the credit card company to sort it all out. They were calling just to make sure it was me, but wasn’t that the point of me telling them I was going to be in the UK?

The rest of the evening holds little excitement and may turn into an early evening as I have a headache. I’m also craving some real food and it is lacking in our house so I shall have to see what I can actually muster up for dinner.

photos from today

No comments:

Post a Comment