Wednesday, June 9, 2010

June 9 : Bunnies are brillant


Today was a fun day after a long night last night. My coughing seemed to get worse as I decided to go to bed culminating in two severe coughing episodes the latter being at 2:45am. I finally got to bed sometime after 3am so I was fairly tired this morning and tried to stay in bed as long as possible.

My first class was a walking tour of Bath again by my Jane Austen tutor. It had both sections of the Jane Austen class in the tour today because our tutor got stuck in a backed up train this morning so he missed the first section. The tour was nice and we got to see the first place Jane Austen lived and Sydney gardens which are quite pretty – a photo shoot will have to take place there sometime). I got a BLT without the T for lunch and it was so good. I might have to get the same thing tomorrow because it was so good. A random British man also complemented me today. I was walking back to the Nelson House after picking up my sandwich and a bloke just stopped and said he liked me t-shirt and I looked really pretty. I thanked him and he then told me to have a great day. He was really nice, but the whole incident was also a little weird as well. It was nice to be complimented though J

My film class had us talking about A Long Good Friday with MJ, Jason, and myself talking about cinematography in it. I think we covered the main points though MJ did all of the talking. I participated a bit later on in the discussion though so hopefully the couple times I talked were sufficient. He was very into us talking about what’s upside down about the film and none of us could come up with anything and I’m still pretty confused about what he means by that.

After class I tried to find the post office and did in fact find a very large older building with Post Office written across it but it was not in fact a post office. I entered it feeling quite proud of myself for finding it because as most people know I am very directionally challenged, but I found it all on my own and it was filled with clothes and mannequins. Being thoroughly confused I did not find stamps today and must ask tomorrow where to go since I am having so much trouble locating a post office. I then messed around and did some work until our Bizarre Bath walking tour.

The tour was a ton of fun. It was the guy making a bunch of jokes and doing a series of illusion and magic kind of tricks. It was so funny and great I’m really glad I did it. A couple things he did were walk around blind folded, drop a tied up bunny in the canal that then floated up, let a ring go on a balloon and then have the bunny from the canal reappear on a motorized truck with the ring, make balloon animals, and chop through carrots while avoiding someone’s head in the same stocks. It was a lot of fun and we even got a picture with him and I got Stewart the Third (There was the first Stewart who got dropped into the canal and floated to the top but then left there as we all continued on the tour. Then there was Stewart the Second who appeared on the motorized truck. I would have loved to have one of those large rabbits, but I got one of their children who I named Stewart the Third). We arrived back at our place at 10:30 and I have since been fighting with facebook about uploading photos, showered, and tackled my blog.

Tomorrow is the last day of classes from week one. I can’t believe that it is the end of the first week already. Time is just going to fly by. I think we are going to go out to the pubs tomorrow night and then a fun weekend at Cornwall. I’m going to get to bed and hope that coughing holds off and maybe even disappears for good.


photos (the photos are in the same album for the week. they start on page 5 the last photo in the first row or #65)

No comments:

Post a Comment