Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 16: I'd rather be trying on corsets than writing these papers

This morning was a slightly earlier morning as the Jane Austen classes were to meet at the fashion museum. That was a fun class, I mean who wouldn’t take a field trip over discussion any day? We got to see a lot of dresses, obviously including some that I would definitely not consider stylish, but apparently someone did. The most fun was trying on the big skirts and corsets though. Especially seeing our professor in his stylish corset and green hat complete with feather.

We finished the museum at 11:40 (ten minutes after my class is normally starting) and instead of venturing back to the house (which was actually only a short ways away) I decided to go down to the Nelson house to try and be productive. The house has so many distractions mainly my computer and photos that returning would inevitably result in negative work. I walked with Abbey and Casey to retro to get some food. While eating I worked on editing Amelia’s film paper. Hopefully that was helpful to her and then I went to the computer to work on my Jane Austen paper. I forgot to email my work from last night so I ended up starting from scratch (mind you my Jane Austen paper did not get very far as I decided to go to bed and think on it than stay up for hours getting nowhere). I ended up getting around 900 words in my lunch break towards the total count of 1000-1500.

Film class had us discussing The Beautiful Laundrette that we watched yesterday. Nothing too noteworthy discussed. As Laura asked her professor a question I went in and talked to Claire about things to do in London. We are venturing there on Saturday for the day. If you have any suggestions feel free to pass them along.

The entire evening has been basically working on my two lovely papers. I had the film paper pretty much written last night, but today I elected to rewrite it. Since then it has gone through some edits and I am now stepping away to look at it again hopefully with almost new eyes. The Jane Austen paper was seemingly more difficult, but for two of my roommates I think it was a lot easier. I have successful written drafts on paper and have edited them both. They are both slightly over the word limit (less than 100 words over each) so I will go back and fix them in a few minutes. I think they are good and I have been working on them for an awfully long time, but I am not sure my professors will share my belief. In addition to those papers I also have reading to do, so it is going to be a long night.

Tomorrow is the last day of classes for the week, which is surprising, but welcomed as its been a stressful week with the papers. A bunch of us are thinking of going out tomorrow to celebrate our completion of the first draft of papers. Then Friday brings Stonehenge and Salisbury and Saturday London. No plans for Sunday, but possibly walking along the canal or something close by in Bath.

My entries seem to be steadily decreasing in length, a reflection on the workload I think, but hopefully they are still informative of the happenings over here in Bath. I must go back to the bane of paper editing and reading now...

photos from today (same album as yesterday. they start on page 2 in the second row or #27. there are a lot from today enjoy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment