Thursday, June 17, 2010

June 17: I saw the sun rise this morning...

As evident by my picture from today, it has been a long week. I was up until a little after 5am working on my papers this morning. The sun came up at around 4:00am, which is so weird. It was hard to get up this morning, but I did it. Then we ventured down to print out our papers after a final look over. I felt bad for our Jane Austen professor because no one seemed to be with it this morning. Between classes I took Laura to Retro for her first sandwich there. The guy was so nice and gave her two stamps (once you get five stamps you get a sandwich free). When I walked up to the counter he said hello and asked if I wanted my usual :] he has learned who I am. The people here are so nice!

I edited my paper between my two classes and then went on to film where we watched Another Country. I had my bottle of coke ready for keeping me awake during a very anti-action packed movie. We then unexpectedly had a very long thought out discussion on what we are going to do in London. It was quite a planned out endeavor that culminated in us purchasing our train tickets. Here is what we are planning ot at least see

1. Abbey Road (complete with Beatles picture photo shoot)

2. King’s Cross Station (for the harry potter picture)

3. British Library

4. The Globe

5. Holmes’s House

6. British Museum

7. Tower of London / Tower Bridge

8. Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, London Eye, Portrait Gallery, Ben Franklin’s house, Downing Road

The things at the end are all together and we are just planning to take pictures of them and not actually go in them. If you have any suggestions of major things we’re missing let me know asap!

Next we had to take our cinema exams that we have every Thursday. It wasn’t that bad actually though and I’m pretty sure I got a 100. The original plan was to go out to dinner today, but the planning of London took such a long time that we just chilled out here as a house and had a nice chat in the common room before attempting to watch The Matrix. After battling with the tv and vcr I came upstairs to meet Kendy on skype.

Tomorrow will be a busy day as we go to Stonehenge and Salisbury bright and early, but not as early as our planned excursion to London on Saturday. Well I think I’ll go to bed before too long since it was a late night last night. Talk to you after I've witnessed these mysterious stones that have perplexed people for years.

photos from today (page 6 the second to last picture on the page or #119)

No comments:

Post a Comment